Telegu Desam Party MP Jayadev Galla, who initiated the debate in the Lok Sabha on the no-confidence motion against the NDA government, called the Modi regime a “saga of empty promises”.
He slammed the central government for not granting special status to Andhra Pradesh and failing to fulfill its promises according to the AP Reorganisation Act.
Jaydev Galla, while initiating the debate on no-confidence motion, said, “It is not a war between BJP and TDP. It’s a dharma yudh.”
“Today we are witnessing a war between promise and morality. The BJP president himself has decided to wage a war against the TDP. Uncertainty still continues in Andhra Pradesh and this government has put more challenges before us,” he said.
“The no-confidence motion was moved because of: Lack of trust, priority, and an unbiased approach towards Andhra Pradesh,” Galla said.
Galla was asked by TDP chief Chandrababu Naidu to open the debate and was allotted 13 minutes by the Lok Sabha Speaker for presenting the party’s stand. However, later he asked for some extra time.
1. The 52-year-old MP represents the Guntur constituency in Andhra Pradesh. He was elected to the 16th Lok Sabha in May 2014.
2. Jayadev Galla was born in Chittor but shifted to the United States of America at an early age. After living there for almost 22 years, he returned to India.
3. Galla has studied Political Science and Economics at the University of Illinois.
4. He is an industrialist by profession and is the managing director of the Amara Raja Group. He has been rated as one of the best CEOs in the country.
5. Jaydev Galla declared assets worth Rs 683 crore in the 2014 general elections, making him one of the wealthiest politicians in India.
Congress president Rahul Gandhi in his speech referred to Jayadev Galla’s speech and said that he heard him very carefully. Rahul said that he and the whole country are victims of 21st-century political weapon. This political weapon, he says, is called ‘jumla strikes’.
In his speech, Jayadev Galla while referring to Prime Minister Modi had said, “You are singing a different tune, which the people of Andhra Pradesh are keenly observing. They would give a befitting reply in the upcoming polls. If people of Andhra are cheated, the BJP will be also decimated in the state like the Congress. Mr PM, it’s not a threat, it’s a shraap (curse)”.
News credit : Indiatoday