Jhangora Hisalu Phirni is a deliciously sweet, creamy pudding prepared with millet and yellow Himalayan raspberry, a wild berry found in the hilly regions of Uttarakhand.
- 100 grams Jhangora (Millet), soaked for an hour and ground coarsely
- 2 liters Milk
- 2 cups Water
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 2 grams Cardamom powder
- 5 grams Walnut
- 250 grams Hisalu/ Yellow Himalayan raspberry
- 50 grams Cream (Malai)
- Boil milk. Add jhangora, sugar, cardamom powder and walnut. Stir well. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Mash hisalu and take out pulp from it.
- Add pulp and cream to the milk mixture and mix well
- Garnish with some dry fruits and raisin.